30% off the regular ticket price!
Please contact the attraction location for reservations, working hours and to check if there any specific covid-19 restrictions in place.
- Art and Culture
- City Centre, Kalemegdan
Website Beogradska Tvrdjava
Based in the lower part of the the Belgrade Fortress the Big Gunpowder Magazine was built during the great Austrian reconstruction of the Belgrade Fortress between 1718 and 1720. The goal was to make a safe powder shelter, a place protected from the enemy artillery. It was often called Odier’s powder magazine. This powder magazine is designed in such manner that a long hallway connects the two chambers. In the middle of the eighteenth century, the magazine was surrounded by a very strong protective wall. Since 1970, the first chamber of “Barutana” houses the National Museum’s Collection of Stone Monuments, assembled during the second half of the nineteenth century. The collection consists of stone Roman sarcophagi, gravestones and altars, as well as the monuments from the famous epochs (Cyrillic epigraphy, Turkish tombstones) which generally represent accidental findings originating Belgrade, Kostolac, Rudnik and other sites.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Monday – Sunday
11.00 am – 07.00 pm (summer working hours)
10.00 am – 05.00 pm (winter working hours)
During the winter period, from October 15 to April 15, the opening hours of the facilities at the Belgrade Fortress are from 10am to 5pm, with the last arrivals at 4.30pm.
Visiting facilities: Roman Well, Military Bunker, Big Gunpowder Magazine and Casamates of the Military Museum must be announced no later than 24 hours before the time scheduled for the visit, with the exact number of visitors and the exact time of the visit. No prior announcement is required for Nebojsa Tower.
The minimum number of visitors is 3 persons, not including the tourist guide.
During the summer period from April 15 to October 15, the opening hours of the facilities are from 11 am to 7 pm, with the last entries into the facilities at 6:30 pm. For tours during the season, no advance notice is required.